In the first half of 2017, EAN will incrementally roll out a number of enhancements around images. This article will provide you with the information necessary to ensure you take full advantage of the new features. Please refer back to this page and below table to ensure you're aware of the changes when they happen.
|Enhancement||Hotel Information||Room Availability||Room Images||HotelImageList file|
|Property High Resolution Images||21-Mar||15-Mar|
|Room High Resolution Images||15-Mar||7-Mar|
|Property Image Sort||10-May||24-May||4-Apr|
|Room Image Sort||24-May||24-May||4-Apr|
|Property Image Hero Indicator||1-Jun||1-Jun|
|Room Image Hero Indicator||1-Jun||1-Jun|
1) High Resolution Images
High resolution images are now (will be soon be) available for property and room images under Minor Revision 30 for the v3 APIs. The high resolution image URLs end in “_z” and are typically 1000 x 1000. This additional image size will not be added to the download files - they will be available via the API only.
Please note: EAN API identifies "high resolution" by the image size ONLY, if one side of the image is 1000 pixels or more then we consider it to be "high resolution".
· Added high resolution property images in the Hotel Information API
· Added high resolution property images and room images in the Room Availability API
· Added high resolution room images in the Room Images API
2) Image Sort
Improved image sort is being applied to property and room images provided under Minor Revision 30 for the v3 APIs as well as the HotelImageList download file. Images will be provided in the recommended order with the hero image first, then grouped by the subject of the image (e.g. entrance, lobby, guestroom, etc). Partners are recommended to display images on their site in this same order.
· Updating image sort for property images in the Hotel Information API
· Updating image sort for property images and room images in the Room Availability API
· Updating image sort for room images in the Room Images API
· Updating image sort for property images in the HotelImageList file
3) Hero Image Indicator
The hero image, or featured image, for property and room images will be identified in a new indicator field in minor revision 30 of the v3 APIs. The hero image field will return “true” for the hero image and “false” for all other images.
· Adding hero image indicator for property images in the Hotel Information API
· Adding hero image indicator for property images and room images in the Room Availability API
· Adding hero image indicator for room images in the Room Images API
· Hero image indicator for property images was already provided as the DefaultImage field in the HotelImageList file
· Ensuring that the room image provided in the RoomTypeList file is the room’s hero image
Below page lists all possible image captions and their related high-level category. Images are sorted based on this categorization.
Partners are advised to no longer use 'category' and 'type' as documented on the Hotel Info page