Creating child CID numbers will help differentiate the source of bookings, but it is not a scalable option when using more than 3 or 4 child CID numbers.
If you have many sources for your bookings it would be a much more scalable option to use the additionalData tracking method.
- When a child CID is created, API access does not “trickle down” to the child CID numbers.
- Child CID numbers cannot be removed after creation
- When an IP update is necessary, the IP address will need to be updated on all CID numbers by EAN.
- With the additionalData tracking method there is no need to authorize access on many child CID numbers.
- With the additionalData tracking method, you can add a new booking source without any interaction from EAN.
- With the additionalData tracking method, the IP will only need to be updated on one CID.
- Instructions: Track Booking in your Affiliate Stats