- The database does not have a flag where we can specifically call a list of hotel specials.
- Therefore, there is not a way to make an API request just to get a general list of hotel specials and promotions.
- If a property is running a special promotion, it is returned in the pricing data of your API response.
Take advantage of the "promo sort" method in API requests to filter specials to the top of your list
- Use sort=PROMO to obtain a list of hotels where specials are returned in availabilities.
- This sort method will place properties with special sales or values at the top of your availability list.
- It will not return a simple list of all properties running promotional specials since the request is still date-based.
Last Minute Specials in Choice Destinations
- Since using the promo sort method is based on the dates submitted in the request, any date used within a 1-5 day advance search can return listings that might be advertised to indicate "Last Minute Specials".
- Select up to 5 choice destinations to feature on your site. These destinations should be the 5 most searched and booked destinations on your site as determined by your user statistics and sales logs.
- Run a request for each of your advertised destinations using dates for the upcoming weekend.
- Capture the API data on the first 5-10 best value deals returned which also include promo rates in the results.
- Store this part of the API result to feed into special sections of your site.
- On user searches or landing pages for these destinations, display a secondary search that offers alternative best rate choices to this list as well.
- Whenever displaying rates, be sure to include the dates where the special rates apply from the search.
Example: Try filtering the result using minStarRating=4 to find "Luxury Last Minute Specials" for romantic getaways!
- When adding any other filters to the list, you may need to test several results to get the best requests returning the top 5-10 results for your desired merchandising campaign.
- Here's an example selection of some of the top converting properties that could be used in merchandising from the above process. Any of the data copied below from that result lends itself to excellent merchandising copy:
hotel Id name property Rating promo Description room Description Promo native Currency Code Promo native Nightly Rate Value Add 126913 The New Yorker Hotel 3.5 Stay 1 Nights and Save 15% on Your Stay! Metro Room-1 Queen-Renovated Qn USD 245.65, 271.15 Free Wireless Internet 220355 Adria Hotel And Conference Ctr 3.0 Spring Sale! Save 20% Deluxe 2 Double beds Non Smoking USD 102.40, 105.60 Free Wireless Internet, Full Breakfast, Free Parking 237256 Hotel Alexander 2.0 Sale! Save 25% on this Stay. Shared Bath, 1 Double Bed USD 149.25, 134.25 114218 The Helmsley Park Lane 3.5 Sale! Save 10% on this Stay. Deluxe Park View-2 Double Beds USD 405.00, 405.00 109730 Radisson Lexington Hotel New York 3.0 Best Price Petite Room-Non Refundable USD 219.00, 279.00 266457 Windsor Hotel 2.0 Spring Special Double deluxe 3 USD 168.48, 212.50